The Inspire project is investing ~€20 million in state-of-the-art equipment for nanoscience research including many items of equipment that will be unique in Ireland.
A key aim of the project is to provide open access to this equipment for both Inspire members and the general research community. See Access section.
Full technical details of each item of equipment will be available on this website as the equipment comes online.
- High Resolution TEM
- Focussed Ion Beam (FIB) processing system
- Ultrafast Laser Plasma Generation and Analysis
- Femtosecond & Picosecond laser nanostructuring
- High-Speed Plasma Imaging (Streak and CCD Cameras)
- Confocal Raman Spectroscopy for Laser Ablation
- Atomic Force Microscopy with Raman Spectroscopy
- Field Emission SEM
- High Resolution X-Ray Diffractometer
- Pulsed Laser Deposition system
- Dynamic Light Scattering Particle Sizer
- Laser Lithography & Nanoprinting
- Clean Room Facilities
- Dedicated Fabrication Training Facilities
- Dedicated Photonics Training Laboratory